This article describes how to set up Microsoft Dynamics AX to log record information to a record in a table. You can log the record information to a record in a table for the following fields:
- Created Date
- Created Time
- Created By
- Created ID
- Modified Date
- Modified Time
- Modified By
- Modified ID
Log the record information
You must use the Application Object Tree (AOT) to set up the form so that you can log the information.
Therefore, you must have a developer verify that the changes that are made are correct. The developer must also compile the table.
To log the record information and to compile the table, follow these steps:
- On the toolbar, click AOT. Or, press CTRL+D.
- Expand Data Dictionary, expand Tables, right-click the table that you want to use, and then click Properties.
- On the Properties tab, click Yes for each field that you want to log.
- Click Compile.
The new fields that are added to the table may appear in the SQL Server Browser service or in the Microsoft Dynamics AX table browser.
View the logged information
To view the logged information for a record, follow these steps:
- Click the form.
- Right-click the record, and then click Record Info.
- Click Show all fields. The fields in the system group are displayed.
In addition to logging the information in the database, Microsoft Dynamics AX can also log information that has been created and information that has been modified.Note
Microsoft Dynamics AX logs only information for records and for rows in the database. Microsoft Dynamics AX does not log information for individual fields.
For more information about database logging, follow these steps:
- On the Help menu, click Help.
- Click the Search tab, type database log in the Type in the word(s) to search for box, and then click List Topics.
Article ID: 928101 - Last Review: July 29, 2011 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft Dynamics AX 4.0
- Microsoft Dynamics AX 3.0
|kbmbsmigrate kbhowto KB928101|