When you try to update or add credit card information for a Zune Music Pass subscription, or a "Pay as you go" account, you receive the following error message:
Credit card authorization failed
This problem may occur when one or more of the following conditions are true:
- Your Zune billing address differs from the credit card billing address.
- You try to use a new credit card that has not been activated by the credit card company.
- Your outstanding balance in the Zune Marketplace is more than the available credit in the credit card account.
- Your entire name does not appear on your Zune account.
- Your credit card account is not set up to accept online purchases or automatic billing.
- Verify that the Zune billing address is the same as the credit card billing address.
- Verify sure that your Zune account reflects your complete first and last name.
- If you are using a new credit card, make sure that you have activated the card by following the instructions that came with the card. Contact the credit card company for help activating your card.
- Verify that you have the required balance available on your credit card account to make the desired purchase.
- Verify with your bank that your credit card is set up to accept online purchases and automatic withdrawals.
- Use a different credit card.
For more help resolving credit card issues, contact the company that issued your credit card.
Article ID: 928763 - Last Review: May 3, 2012 - Revision: 6.0
|kbtshoot kbpubtypekc kbzuneamericasportal kbexpertisebeginner kbzunebilling kbwp7 KB928763|