You create a local fax account on a Windows Vista-based, and then you rename the computer. Then, when you try to start Windows Fax and Scan, the local fax account is inaccessible.
To resolve this issue, you must delete the local fax account in Windows Fax and Scan, and then re-create the local fax account by using the Account Wizard. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start
, click All Programs, and then click Windows Fax and Scan.
Collapse this imageExpand this image
- In Windows Fax and Scan, click Tools, and then click Fax Accounts.
- In the Fax Accounts dialog box, select the fax account that you want to delete, and then click Remove.
- Click Add, and then follow the steps that are in the wizard to create a new fax account.
Article ID: 930087 - Last Review: March 15, 2007 - Revision: 1.5
- Windows Vista Business 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Business
- Windows Vista Home Basic
- Windows Vista Home Premium
- Windows Vista Starter
- Windows Vista Ultimate
- Windows Vista Enterprise 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Home Basic 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit Edition
|kbtshoot kbexpertisebeginner kbprb KB930087|