In Windows Vista, you schedule to record a television show. However, Windows Media Center does not record the television show as expected. You do not receive an error message.
This issue may occur if the following conditions are true:
- You configure Windows Media Center to work with two or more television tuner cards.
- After you run the First Run Wizard in Windows Media Center, you remove or disable one of the tuner cards.
To resolve this issue, run Windows Media Center Setup again. To do this, follow these steps:
- Start Windows Media Center.
- Click Tasks, and then click Settings.
- Click TV, and then click Set Up TV Signal.
- When you are notified that changing TV signal settings will interrupt recording, click Yes.
- On the Set Up Your TV Signal screen, click Next.
- Verify that the correct region is selected, click Yes, use this region to configure TV services, and then click Next.
- Click Configure my TV signal automatically, and then click Next.
- Verify that the TV signal configuration settings are correct, click Yes, and then click Next.
- Click Set Up Guide listings, and then click Next two times.
- On the Guide Privacy screen, click Yes, and then click Next.
- If you agree to the Guide Terms of Service, click I agree, and then click Next.
Note To continue, you must click I agree to accept the Guide Terms of Service.
- Click Manual download, and then click Next two times.
- When you are prompted, type your ZIP Code or Postal Code, and then click Next.
- If you are prompted, verify your signal provider, and then click Next.
Note After Windows Media Center downloads the Guide, the Internet connection is no longer required.
- Follow the remaining steps to complete the Setup. You may have to restart Windows Media Center.
Article ID: 930101 - Last Review: January 19, 2007 - Revision: 1.2
- Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Ultimate
- Windows Vista Home Premium
|kbexpertisebeginner kbtshoot kbprb KB930101|