The specifications for the smallest and largest allowed positive and negative numbers are wrong in the Help files for Microsoft Excel.
To access these specifications in the Excel Help files, follow these steps:
- Press F1 to open Excel Help.
- Type specifications in the search
text box, and then press ENTER.
- Click to select the Excel specifications and
limits topic in the search results list.
- Click Calculation specifications and
The correct specifications are as follows.
Collapse this tableExpand this table
|Smallest allowed positive number||2.2251E-308|
|Smallest allowed negative number||-2.2251E-308|
|Largest number that can be typed into a cell||9.99999999999999E+307|
|Largest allowed positive number ||1.7976931348623158e+308|
|Largest allowed negative number ||-1.7976931348623158e+308|
Article ID: 930204 - Last Review: January 4, 2007 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft Office Excel 2007
- Microsoft Office Excel 2003
- Microsoft Excel 2002 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Excel 2000 Standard Edition
|kbtshoot kbexpertisebeginner kbprb KB930204|