You configure Really Simple Syndication (RSS) feeds for
content in a Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Web site by using an RSS
reader, such as Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 or Windows Internet Explorer 7.
However, the RSS feeds are not updated as expected. Additionally, you
experience one or more of the following symptoms:
- If you subscribed to the RSS feed and you try to view it in
Internet Explorer 7, you receive the following error message:
This feed contains errors. Internet Explorer will try updating
this feed again later
- If you did not subscribe to the RSS feed and you try to
view it in Internet Explorer 7, you receive the following error
Internet Explorer cannot display this feed.
This feed contains code errors.
- You receive an error message that resembles the following
in the Outlook Send/Receive dialog box in Outlook
Task 'RSS Feeds" reported error (Ox8020000F) : 'The
operation failed. An object cannot be found.'
- If you run a program that uses the Microsoft Windows RSS
platform, you receive the following error message:
This issue occurs if one of the following conditions is
- The client has not requested a new RSS feed from the Web
site in more than 15 days, regardless of whether content in the Web site
The 15-day period is configurable by the administrator for the Web
application. To configure this period, follow these steps:
- Open SharePoint 3.0 Central Administration.
- Click Application Management.
- In the SharePoint Web Application
Management section, click Web application general
- In the Change Log section, adjust the
number of days between requests that the client makes for RSS feeds. The default value is 15
- The Web site was restored from backup. In this scenario,
Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 clears the change log. Then, it updates the
change log with the time stamp of the restore operation. Users who subscribed
to an RSS feed on the restored Web site experience the symptoms in the
To work around this issue, remove the RSS feed in the RSS
reader. Then, re-subscribe to the RSS feed in the RSS reader. This procedure
clears the ETag
For more information about how to work with RSS feeds in
Windows SharePoint Services 3.0, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Article ID: 932741 - Last Review: April 16, 2007 - Revision: 2.1
- Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Online
|kberrmsg kbexpertiseinter kbprb kbtshoot KB932741|