After install Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 (SP2) on your computer, you run processes that use performance counters. In this scenario, the following Warning event is logged in the Application log:
Event Source: Perflib
Event Type: Warning
Event ID: 2003
Description: The configuration information of the performance library "C:\WINDOWS\system32\perfts.dll" for the "TermService" service does not match the trusted performance library information stored in the registry. The functions in this library will not be treated as trusted.
This problem occurs because the size and the date of the Perfts.dll file in Windows Server 2003 SP2 do not match the size and the date that were stored earlier in the registry for the Perfts.dll file .
To resolve this problem, follow these steps after you install Windows Server 2003 SP2:
- Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
- At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER.
lodctr /T:TermServiceNote This command will modify the size and the date that are stored in the registry for the Perfts.dll file.
- Type exit, and then press ENTER to close the Command Prompt window.
You can safely ignore event 2003. However, when this event is logged, the performance collection of Terminal Services performance counters is slightly slower than before Windows Server 2003 SP2 was installed.
Article ID: 932813 - Last Review: February 16, 2007 - Revision: 1.1
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2, when used with:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Datacenter Edition (32-bit x86)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition (32-bit x86)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Standard Edition (32-bit x86)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Web Edition
|kbexpertiseinter kbtshoot KB932813|