When you try to re-publish a briefing book in ProClarity Desktop Professional or in ProClarity Web Professional, you receive the following error message:
An item with this name already exists.
Additionally, you may experience the following symptoms:
- When you delete a book in Desktop Professional, you receive OLE exception 80040e21.
- When you delete a My Views folder or item, you receive exception 80040e21 in the ProClarity Event Log.
- When you delete or modify security roles in the Administrator Tool, you receive OLE exception 80040e21.
This issue may occur if the name of the computer that is running Microsoft SQL Server has changed. ProClarity Analytics Server uses a database in SQL Server to store information about the users, the queries, and the server configurations. If the name of the computer that is running SQL Server changes, SQL Server will corrupt internal information about the computer name.
To verify the internal information about the computer name, run the following SQL queries.
If the values that are returned by the queries are not identical, you are experiencing the issue that is mentioned in the "Symptoms" section. To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Run the following command to clear out existing server name information.
sp_dropserver @server = '<serverName>'
- Run one of the following commands to add the correct name of the server.
Note To find the correct local server name, click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click the Computer Name tab.
sp_addserver '<machineName>\<instanceName>', local
sp_addserver '<machineName>', @local= 'local'
- Restart the SQL service.
- Restart the IIS service on the computer that is running ProClarity Analytics Server.
- Restart ProClarity Professional, and then retest publishing.
Article ID: 934076 - Last Review: August 28, 2007 - Revision: 2.0
- ProClarity Desktop Professional 6.1
- ProClarity Web Professional 6.1
- ProClarity Desktop Professional 6.2
- ProClarity Web Professional 6.2
|kberrmsg kbtshoot kbexpertiseinter kbprb KB934076|