Consider the following scenario.
You have a Microsoft Windows Server 2003-based computer that is running Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server 2004, Enterprise Edition. Active Directory Application Mode (ADAM) is installed on this computer. In this scenario, you experience one of the following symptoms:
- You cannot install Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 (SP2) by using Microsoft Update.
- If you download Windows Server 2003 SP2 from the Microsoft Download Center, and then you install this service pack, the ADAM instances may stop functioning.
ADAM is included with ISA Server 2004, Enterprise Edition.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Download Windows Server 2003 ADAM Service Pack 1 (SP1), and then install it.
For more information about how to install ADAM SP1, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Windows Server 2003 Active Directory Application Mode (ADAM) Service Pack 1
- Install Windows Server 2003 SP2.
- If you are experiencing the symptom that is described in the second bullet in the "Symptoms" section, first remove Windows Server 2003 SP2 before you follow the steps in the "Resolution" section.
- After you install ADAM SP1, you can use Automatic Updates to install Windows Server 2003 SP2. Or, you can download Windows Server 2003 SP2 from the Microsoft Download Center.
- On a computer that is running a slipstreamed version of Windows Server 2003 SP2, make sure that you install ADAM SP1 before you install ISA Server 2004 Enterprise Edition.
For more information about Windows Server 2003 with SP2, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Article ID: 934608 - Last Review: January 15, 2015 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration Server 2004 Enterprise Edition
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbexpertiseadvanced kbtshoot kbprb KB934608|