This article describes how to optimize your microphone and voice settings.Note
You must use a headset that is compatible with LIVE services. To find out if your headset is compatible with LIVE, contact the manufacturer.
How to adjust microphone volume
To adjust the volume for your microphone in Windows 7 or Windows Vista, follow these steps:
- Click Start
, type mmsys.cpl in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
Collapse this imageExpand this image
- In the Sound dialog box, click the Recording tab.
- Click Microphone, and then click Properties.
Note Make sure that Working appears under Microphone. If Working does not appear, click Microphone, and then click Set Default.
- In the Microphone Properties dialog box, click the Custom tab.
- Select or clear the Microphone Boost check box.
- Click the Levels tab.
- Adjust the volume slider to the level that you want, and then click OK.
- Click OK to close the Sound dialog box.
How to adjust the voice setting
- Start the game.
- Sign in to LIVE (use the Guide).
- Click Personal Settings.
- Click Voice.
Make sure that the Recording volume level meter registers at least one bar when you speak.
How to adjust Windows volume settings
- Double-click the volume icon in the task bar.
- Move the sliders up or down as appropriate.
Note You can also click the speaker icon at the base of each slider to toggle "mute" on or off.
for other considerations.
Article ID: 935309 - Last Review: October 24, 2010 - Revision: 7.0
- Microsoft Gears of War (PC)
- Microsoft Viva Pinata (PC)
- Microsoft Age of Empires III
- Microsoft Age of Empires III: The Asian Dynasties
- Microsoft Age of Empires III : The WarChiefs
- Microsoft Dungeon Siege II
- Fable: The Lost Chapters PC
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X Standard
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X Acceleration Expansion Pack
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X Deluxe
- Microsoft Rise of Nations
- Microsoft Rise of Nations: Gold Edition
- Microsoft Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends
- Microsoft Zoo Tycoon 2
- Microsoft Zoo Tycoon 2: African Adventure
- Microsoft Zoo Tycoon 2: Endangered Species
- Microsoft Zoo Tycoon 2: Marine Mania
- Microsoft Shadowrun (PC)
|dftsdahomeportal kbxbox360ext kbxboxgames kbxbox360americasportal kbpanorama kbpubtypekc kbinfo KB935309|