Microsoft has re-released security bulletin MS07-038. The security bulletin contains all the relevant information about the security update. This information includes file manifest information and deployment options. To view the complete security bulletin, visit one of the following Microsoft Web sites:
This bulletin and the associated security updates address the issue that may have occurred when you applied the original security update. For example, you may have received the following error message:
Security Update for Windows Vista (KB935807)
Installation status: Failed
Error details: Code 80070002
Additionally, you may have experienced the following symptoms after you installed this security update:
- The computer restarted two times.
- This security update was offered to you again when you visited Windows Update.
These symptoms may have occurred if either of the following conditions was true:
- The LogFiles\Firewall folder was missing.
- The LogFiles\Firewall folder was corrupted.
If you installed the original security update, and you did not experience the symptoms that are described in this section, you do not have to reinstall the update. This re-released security update does not offer additional protection for the vulnerability in Windows Vista Firewall that could allow information disclosure.
Article ID: 935807 - Last Review: September 30, 2011 - Revision: 4.0
- Windows Vista Ultimate
- Windows Vista Enterprise
- Windows Vista Business
- Windows Vista Home Premium
- Windows Vista Home Basic
- Windows Vista Starter
- Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Enterprise 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Home Basic 64-bit Edition
|kbvistasp1fix kbexpertiseinter kbexpertisebeginner kbqfe kbsecurity kbsecbulletin kbsecvulnerability kbbug kbfix KB935807|