Microsoft has released security bulletin MS07-052. The security bulletin contains all the relevant information about the security update. This information includes file manifest information and deployment options. To view the complete security bulletin, visit one of the following Microsoft Web sites:
Update removal information
After you install this update, you can use the Add or Remove Programs
item in Control Panel to remove this update.
Known issues with this update
- You have one or more of the Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 editions that are listed in the "Applies To" section installed. This edition or these editions have been updated to Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Service Pack 1 (SP1). However, you have not installed the "Crystal Reports for Visual Studio" feature in Visual Studio 2005. After you install security update 937061 from Microsoft Update, you may be offered the update again even though the computer has already been updated.
Microsoft has revised the detection logic on Microsoft Update to correct this problem.
No changes have been made to security update 937061. If you have already installed the security update, you do not have to reinstall it.
For more information about security update 937061, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the security update for the Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Service Pack 1 development platform
- To install this security update, you must have Microsoft Windows Installer 3.1 installed on your computer. To obtain the latest Windows Installer for your computer, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
For more information about installation issues with updates for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003, click the following article numbers to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
A shared file is rolled back when you uninstall a previously installed update for one edition or SKU on a computer that has more than one edition or SKU of any version of Visual Studio installed
When you try to apply an update that applies to multiple editions of Visual Studio 2005, Windows Installer may apply the update to only one edition of Visual Studio 2005
Command-line switches for this update
For more information about the command-line switches that this update supports, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
For more information about Windows Installer command-line switches, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
For more information about Windows Installer, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Article ID: 937060 - Last Review: September 30, 2011 - Revision: 3.0
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team Edition for Software Architects
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team Edition for Software Developers
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team Edition for Software Testers
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team Suite
|kbinfo kbhowto kbexpertiseinter kbsecurity KB937060|