On a portable computer that is running Windows Vista, the Windows Mobility Center item does not appear in Control Panel as expected.
This issue may occur if the following conditions are true:
- The computer is plugged into an uninterruptible power supply (UPS).
- The battery has been removed from the computer.
When these conditions are true, the computer's role may be set incorrectly in the BIOS.
To resolve this issue, insert the battery into the computer.
Article ID: 938322 - Last Review: July 3, 2007 - Revision: 1.1
- Windows Vista Home Basic
- Windows Vista Home Premium
- Windows Vista Ultimate
- Windows Vista Business
- Windows Vista Enterprise
- Windows Vista Home Basic 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Enterprise 64-bit Edition