If your organization has an offline address list generation server that is running Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 or Exchange Server 2010, you may experience one of the follow issues:
- When you try to synchronize the offline address list in Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 with cache mode enabled or in Outlook 2007 with cache mode enabled, you receive the following error message in the Sync Issues folder:
Microsoft Exchange offline address book
Not downloading Offline address book files. A server (URL) could not be located.
- When you try to synchronize the offline address list in Outlook 2007 without cache mode enabled or in Outlook 2003 without cache mode enabled, you receive the following error message:
Task reported error (0x8004010F): ‘The operation failed. An object cannot be found.’
Collapse this imageExpand this image
This issue occurs regardless of the web-based distribution method or the public folder distribution method that is used.
This issue occurs if the Outlook client computer is
configured to use proxy settings when Windows Internet Explorer is used.
However, the IP address of the Exchange 2007 Client Access Server (CAS) server
is not in the exclusion list.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Start Internet Explorer, click Tools, and
then click Internet Options.
- On the Connections tab, click LAN
- elect the Bypass proxy server for local
addresses check box, and then click Advanced.
the FQDN of the Exchange 2007 CAS server, and then click OK.
- Restart Outlook.
Article ID: 939765 - Last Review: June 28, 2012 - Revision: 3.0
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Enterprise
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Standard
|kbexpertiseinter kbtshoot kbprb KB939765|