This article describes how version history affects list items that contain attachments in Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0.
Assume that you have turned on the following features under Versioning settings
for a list in Windows SharePoint Services 3.0:
- Create a version each time you edit an item in this list
- Require content approval for submitted items
When you add an item that contains an attachment to the list that has these versioning features enabled, the following behavior occurs:
- You can access the attachment even when the item has not been approved.
- Assume that you rename an existing item, you delete the existing attachment, and then you add a new attachment. In this case, when you view the version history, the previous item is associated with the new attachment.
- When you restore a previous list item, the previous item is not associated with the previous attachment.
This behavior occurs because attachment versioning is not supported for lists in Windows SharePoint Services 3.0. If you want to use Version History
to keep track of attachments in Windows SharePoint Services 3.0, create a document library, and then enable versioning features.
For more information about how to create a document library, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Article ID: 943136 - Last Review: October 3, 2007 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
|kbinfo kbtshoot kbexpertiseinter KB943136|