You have Microsoft Office Project Server 2007 installed on a server that also has Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 installed. When you try to install the 2007 Microsoft Office servers Service Pack 1 (SP1), the service pack is not installed. Additionally, you receive the following error messages:Error message 1
Error message 2
Upgrading (search) shared database from the searchApplication is null but it should not be.
Unable to locate SearchDatabase for the SharedResourceProvider.
This issue occurs if one or all the following conditions are true:
- An index server is not configured on the server farm.
- A Shared Services Provider (SSP) is not configured on the server farm.
To resolve this issue, use one of the following methods, as appropriate.
Method 1: Configure a search indexer
Configure a search indexer. To do this, follow these steps:
- Start SharePoint 3.0 Central Administration, and then click Operations.
- Under Topology and Services, click Servers in farm, and then click the server that you want to configure as the index server.
- Next to Office SharePoint Server Search, click Start.
- On the Office SharePoint Server Search Settings page, make sure that the Use this server for indexing content check box under Query and Indexing is selected. Additionally, if you want to configure this server as a query server, make sure that the Use this server for servicing search queries check box is selected.
- In the Contact E-Mail Address area, specify a valid e-mail address.
- In the Service Account area, click Configurable, and then specify the credentials of the user account under which you want the search service to run.
- Click Start.
Method 2: Create an SSP
Create an SSP. To do this, follow these steps:
- Start SharePoint 3.0 Central Administration, and then click Application Management.
- On the Application Management page, click Create or configure this farm's shared services under Office SharePoint Server Shared Services.
- On the "Manage this Farm's Shared Services" page, do one of the following:
- To create a new Web application in which to host the SSP, click Create a new Web application. Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to create the Web application, and then go to step 4.
- To use an existing Web application, go to step 4.
- In the SSP Name area of the New Shared Services Provider page, click the Web application that you want to use.
- In the SSP Service Credentials area, type the user name and password for the user account under which the SSP service will run.
- Configure any other settings that you want, and then click OK.
Article ID: 944446 - Last Review: November 15, 2007 - Revision: 1.3
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007
|kbtshoot kbprb kbexpertiseinter KB944446|