When you try to upload a PowerPoint presentation that is created by using the Live Meeting 2005 Add-in for PowerPoint to a Microsoft Office Live Meeting 2007 meeting, you may receive the following error message:
Uploading PowerPoint files that were created using the Microsoft Office Live Meeting 2005 Add-in for PowerPoint is not supported with this version of Live Meeting. Remove the Live Meeting resource slides from the file, and then try again to upload it.
This issue occurs because the Live Meeting 2007 console does not support uploading PowerPoint presentations that include Live Meeting slides that are created by using the Live Meeting 2005 Add-in for PowerPoint.
To resolve this issue, use one of the following methods.
Use the Live Meeting 2005 Add-in for PowerPoint to convert the presentation to an .lmp file. Then, upload the converted file to a meeting by using the Live Meeting Web interface. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the presentation in PowerPoint.
- On the Live Meeting Presentation menu, click Export.
- In the Export dialog box, select .lmp from the Save as type list.
- Log on to the conference center Live Meeting Manager.
- Under the Manage section, click Meetings.
- On the Manage Meetings page, click the meeting for which you want to upload the PowerPoint presentation. The Meeting Details page appears.
- On the Meeting Details page, under the Actions section, click Upload Files.
- Click Browse to locate and select the .lmp file that you saved in step 3.
The PowerPoint presentation that contains special slides are uploaded to the meeting. These special slides may include Poll slides, Web slides, or other slides.
Use the Live Meeting console to manually create and add the Live Meeting slides to an existing PowerPoint presentation. These slides may include Poll slides, Web slides, or other slides.
To create and add Live Meeting slides to an existing PowerPoint presentation by using the Live Meeting console, follow these steps:
- Remove all the Live Meeting slides from the PowerPoint presentation.
- Join the meeting as a presenter.
- In the content pane, click Share, click Add File to Meeting, and then click Upload File (View Only) to upload the PowerPoint presentation.
- In the content pane, click the PowerPoint presentation to which you want to add a collaborative slide, and then click Thumbnails.
- In the thumbnails pane, right-click the thumbnail directly above the point where you want to insert the slide, click Insert New Slide, and then click the type of slide that you want to add. The slide is added under the pointer.
Note The types of slides that you can select include Whiteboard, Poll, Text, Web, and Screen Snapshot.
Article ID: 944592 - Last Review: January 4, 2012 - Revision: 4.0
- Microsoft Office Live Meeting 2007
|kbexpertiseinter kbtshoot vkbportal107 vkbportal230 vkbportal238 KB944592|