This article describes how to change the Microsoft account that is associated with your Xbox LIVE gamertag.
Note Microsoft account used to be called Windows Live ID.
Changing to a different Microsoft account will result in losing access to all Games for Windows LIVE licenses that were associated with the previous Microsoft account.To change your Microsoft account
- On your Xbox 360 console, sign in using your Xbox LIVE gamertag.
- Go to Settings and select Account.
- Select your account type.
- When you account information is displayed, select Change Microsoft account.
- If you have another Microsoft account, select Yes, I do. If you do not have another Microsoft account, go to login.live.com
to sign up for a new Microsoft account.
- Enter the password for the Microsoft account that is currently associated with your gamertag, and then select Sign in.
- Enter the email address and the password for the new Microsoft account that you want to associate with your gamertag, and then select Sign in.
- Select Yes, change to change the Microsoft account associated with your Xbox LIVE account.
- Select Update Contact Information to update your contact information or select Done to finish.
When you try to change the Microsoft account associated to your Xbox LIVE account, you receive the error:
Can't Change Microsoft account: Status Code 8015341B
This error occurs because the Microsoft account you are trying to change to is currently registered in a different region than the region associated to your Xbox LIVE account. To resolve this issue, make sure your new Microsoft account matches the region associated to your Xbox LIVE account. You can check the region of your new Microsoft account and change it if necessary, by doing the following.
- Log in to accounts.live.com
with your new Microsoft account.
- Confirm the country/region is correct.
- If you need to change the country/region, select the change link.
- Click Save to save any changes made.
- Changing the Microsoft account automatically transfers all Microsoft Points to the new Microsoft account.
- Only one Microsoft account change is allowed in a 30-day period (one change per gamertag). If you recently changed your Microsoft account, you won't be able to change the Microsoft account again until 30 days have passed.
The customer must also wait 30 days after the profile was recovered from Xbox LIVE to a console before changing the Microsoft account. If 30 days have not passed after recovering the gamertag, this error message will be displayed:
The Microsoft account or password is incorrect.
- Before you can change the Microsoft account associated with a child account, you must provide the Microsoft account information for the adult account with parental control.
Article ID: 945419 - Last Review: January 17, 2013 - Revision: 14.0
|kbexpertisebeginner kbxbox360pacrimportal kbxbox360americasportal kbxbox360europeportal kbpubtypekc kbxbox360japanportal KB945419|