When you do not install the Desktop Experience feature of Windows Server 2008, programs that require programs that are included in Desktop Experience do not run. For example, programs that require Windows Media Player or DirectX do not run.
To resolve this problem, install the Desktop Experience
feature of Windows Server 2008. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Administrative
Tools, and then double-click Server Manager.
- In Server Manager, click Add
Features under Features Summary.
- In the Add Features Wizard dialog box,
make sure that the Desktop Experience option is selected.
Next, and then click Install.
- After the installation process is complete, click
Close, and then close Server Manager.
After you install Desktop Experience, you have to
restart the computer.
Article ID: 946397 - Last Review: January 9, 2008 - Revision: 1.2
- Windows Server 2008 Datacenter
- Windows Server 2008 Enterprise
- Windows Server 2008 Standard
- Windows Web Server 2008
|kbtshoot kbprb kbexpertiseinter KB946397|