This document describes how to install the Windows Live suite without the optimization of Microsoft Update. This solution also enables you to install the suite if you are on a corporate network where the network administrator has disabled Microsoft Update or if the corporate network uses the enterprise Windows Update Service.
If you are experiencing the following error conditions, follow the steps that are listed in the "Workaround" section:
- The installation progress for the suite reaches 99% and then stops responding.
- You receive a message that states that your programs were not installed.
- You receive a message that asks you to wait, and the installation never finishes.
- You receive an error code and a message that states that Windows Live Products were not installed.
If the computer is in a corporate network where the network administrator has disabled Microsoft Update, or the network is using Windows update Service, follow the steps in this article.
To install Windows Live Services without Windows Update, follow these steps.
Note You must complete all these steps in the order that they are listed. Also be aware that when you follow these, you will automatically install all Windows Live products except Windows Live OneCare Family Safety Settings. You can manually add Windows live OneCare Family Safety Settings during the installation process.
- Sign in to an account that has administrator credentials.
- Remove all earlier versions of Windows Live Services if you have previously installed or tried to install any Windows Live Services.
For more information about how to remove Windows Live Services, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to remove and reinstall Windows Live Services
Note When you follow the steps listed in Knowledge base article 938275, do not follow step 9 to reinstall Windows Services.
- Manually install the following components. To do this, click the links in the following list to view the installation page, and then follow the instructions that appear.
- When you have all the dependencies from step 2 installed, download and then install the appropriate software from the links in the following table, depending on your language requirements. To perform this installation, follow these steps:
- Select the link that you want from the following table, based on your language.
- In the dialog box that appears, click Save, and then save the WLSetup.exe file to the desktop.
- When the download is complete, click Run.
Note If you are prompted for confirmation to run the program, click Run.
- When the installation is complete, drag the WLSetup.exe file to the Recycle Bin. This file is no longer needed.
Article ID: 946520 - Last Review: October 11, 2012 - Revision: 1.0
- Windows Live Mail
- Windows Live Messenger
- Windows Photo Gallery
- Windows Live Writer Beta
|kbinfo kbwinliveportal kbtshoot kbprb KB946520|