After you perform regular search crawls in Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007, disk space on the computer that stores the database is reduced significantly. Additionally, it may take much longer than expected to back up the search database.
This problem occurs, because the Mssbatchhistory
table in the SSP Search Database is updated every time that a full crawl or an incremental crawl is performed. However, the table is not cleaned up.
To work around this problem, periodically remove all the data from the Mssbatchhistory
table. To do this, follow these steps.Warning
Resetting crawled content deletes the content index and the property store. After you reset crawled content, search results will not be available until after the crawls are performed.
- Start SharePoint Central Administration.
- Open the administration page for the Shared Services Provider (SSP). To do this, follow these steps:
- On the top navigation bar, click Application Management.
- On the Application Management page, click Create or configure this farm’s shared services in the Office SharePoint Server Shared Services section.
On the Manage This Farm's Shared Services page, click the SSP whose administration page you want to open.
- On the Shared Services Administration Home page, click Search settings in the Search section.
- On the Configure Search Settings page, click Reset all crawled content in the Crawl Settings section.
- By default, the Deactivate search alerts during reset check box is selected on the Reset Crawled Content page. This option prevents users who have search alerts configured from being sent unnecessary e-mail messages when the crawled content is reset. Click to clear this check box if you do not want to disable alerts during the reset operation.
Click Reset Now.
In the message box, click OK to confirm that you want to reset the search content index.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 948909 - Last Review: February 26, 2008 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007
|kbtshoot kbbug kbdatabase kbtable kbexpertiseadvanced KB948909|