After you install Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1), certain Sansa e200 Series MP3 devices are not detected on the computer. You experience one of the following issues:
- The Sansa device does not appear as a computer drive.
- The Sansa device appears to be disabled in Device Manager. Additionally, you receive the following error message in Device Manager:
This device cannot start (Code 10)
You do not experience this issue if the Sansa e200 Series MP3 player is not connected to the computer when you install Windows Vista SP1.
This issue occurs because certain device drivers are reinstalled to service the underlying files during installation of Windows Vista SP1.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Disconnect the Sansa e200 Series MP3 player from the computer.
- Turn off the Sansa player.
- Turn on the Sansa player.
- Reconnect the Sansa player to the computer.
The third-party products that this article discusses are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, about the performance or reliability of these products.
Article ID: 949741 - Last Review: March 10, 2008 - Revision: 1.1
- Windows Vista Service Pack 1, when used with:
- Windows Vista Home Basic
- Windows Vista Home Premium
- Windows Vista Ultimate
- Windows Vista Business
- Windows Vista Enterprise
- Windows Vista Starter
- Windows Vista Home Basic 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Business 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Enterprise 64-bit Edition
|kbexpertisebeginner kbtshoot KB949741|