This article describes how to set up the Microsoft Office Outlook Integration to integrate contacts, tasks and appointments in Microsoft Dynamics AX 4.0 with Microsoft Office Outlook.
In Microsoft Dynamics AX 4.0, you can set up the Microsoft Office Outlook Integration to integrate contacts, tasks and appointments between Microsoft Dynamics AX and Microsoft Office Outlook.
To set up the Microsoft Office Outlook Integration to integrate contacts, tasks and appointments between Microsoft Dynamics AX and Microsoft Office Outlook, follow these steps:
- View the e-mail account setting in Control Panel, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Mail.
- In the Mail Setup – Outlook dialog box, click E-mail Accounts.
Note If the profile is not set for the desired user, click Show profiles, change to use the correct profile, click Properties, and then click E-mail Accounts.
- Click to select the View or change existing e-mail accounts option, and then click Next.
- Click Change.
- In the E-mail Accounts dialog box, note the user name in the User Name field, and then note the value in the E-mail Address field.
- Verify that all information on the Microsoft Office Outlook tab is correct in the Employee dialog box. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Administration, and then click Users.
- In the User dialog box, click a user, and then click User relations.
- On the General tab, select the employee record that you try to integrate with the current user in Microsoft Dynamics AX in the Employee field.
- Click Human Resources, click Employee, and then click the record that you selected in step 2c.
- In the Employee dialog box, click the Contact information tab, and then specify the correct e-mail account information in the E-mail field.
This information should match the value in the E-mail Address field in step 1e.
- Click the Microsoft Office Outlook tab, and then view the information. You may notice that not all information is specified.
Note In this step, you must verify that the "Microsoft Office Outlook user Identification" setting matches the user name in the User Name field in step 1e. This will make sure that you can synchronize Microsoft Dynamics AX and the Outlook client on the computer.
- Run the Use current Microsoft Office Outlook profile function to set the program to use the current Outlook profile. To do this, click Function, and then click Use current Microsoft Office Outlook profile.
- Follow these steps to synchronize contacts, tasks and appointments between Microsoft Dynamics AX and Outlook:
- Run the Pick contact Microsoft Office Outlook folder function.
- Run the Pick task Microsoft Office Outlook folder function.
- Run the Pick appointment Outlook folder function.
- Click Save.
MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, THE RELIABILITY OR THE ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION THAT IS CONTAINED IN THE DOCUMENTS AND THE RELATED GRAPHICS PUBLISHED ON THIS WEB SITE (THE “MATERIALS”) FOR ANY PURPOSE.
THE MATERIALS MAY INCLUDE TECHNICAL INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS AND MAY BE REVISED AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS DISCLAIM AND EXCLUDE ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, AND CONDITIONS WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, OR CONDITIONS OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, SATISFACTORY CONDITION OR QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THE MATERIALS.
Article ID: 952999 - Last Review: July 14, 2012 - Revision: 3.0
- Microsoft Dynamics AX 4.0
- CRM for Enterprise Portal
|kbnomt kbmbsmigrate kbhowto kbexpertiseinter KB952999|