2007 Microsoft Office suite Service Pack 2 (SP2) gives
customers the latest updates for the 2007 Office suite. This service pack
includes two main categories of fixes:
- Previously unreleased fixes that were made specifically
for this service pack.
- In addition to general product fixes, these fixes
include improvements in stability, in performance, and in security.
- All the public updates, security updates, cumulative
updates, and hotfixes that were released through February 2009.
Because Office service packs are cumulative, you do not have to install Service Pack 1 before you install Service Pack 2. Service Pack 2 includes all of the fixes that were included in Service Pack 1.
How to obtain and install the service packs
This service pack update is available on the Microsoft Download
Center. To download the service pack, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
For a complete list of all released SP2 packages, see the
following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
List of all 2007 Office system Service Pack 2 and Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Service Pack 2 packages
Overview of Service Pack 2 (SP2) improvements
Description of some big areas of improvement that are included in
Microsoft Office Access
- Lets you export reports to Microsoft Office Excel.
- Supports memo fields in the mailing label wizard for
- Fixes issues that occur in the import data wizards, in
report printing and previewing, in macros, in Excel integration, and in date
- Includes updates to Access Developer Extensions.
Microsoft Office Excel
- Improves the charting mechanism in Excel 2007. This
includes better parity with Office 2003, improved robustness, and targeted
- Adds a chart object model to Word and to PowerPoint.
- Improves shapes that are surfaced in Excel. This includes
better parity with Office 2003 and targeted performance improvements.
- Improves the method by which Excel prints graphical
content, especially when it prints to PCL printers.
- Adds conversion rates to the Excel Euro Currency Tools
add-in for the Maltese lira and for the Cypriot pound.
Microsoft Office Groove
- Improves Groove 2007 form tools. In particular,
international users in certain locales will benefit from correct interpretation
of spaces for digit grouping in currency values.
- Limits the number of file-sharing workspaces to 64 to make
sure that all workspaces can be synchronized. This limit applies only to adding
new file-sharing workspaces. If you already have more than 64 file-sharing
workspaces, you can continue to use them.
- Optimizes synchronization reliability.
Microsoft Office InfoPath
- Fixes for overall security and stability in InfoPath
- Provides improved compatibility between InfoPath forms and
other Microsoft products, such as Groove and Outlook.
Microsoft Office OneNote
- Improves SharePoint sync functionality. This helps reduce
the load on SharePoint servers, and it helps produce fewer sync errors.
- If the OneNote tray notification icon was previously
dismissed, the icon will now appear in the notification area. Additionally,
this icon can now be dismissed only in the Options dialog box
- Adds support for Optical Character Recognition (OCR) for
the Japanese language.
Microsoft Office Outlook
For more information
about these improvements and details about other Outlook fixes, click the
following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Outlook 2007 improvements in the 2007 Microsoft Office suite Service Pack 2
Microsoft Office PowerPoint
- Improves the control of shape editing while you are zoomed
- Provides faster file resaves.
- Improves image quality after files are saved in the .jpeg,
.png, and .gif formats.
- Provides better text representation when the
representation is saved in earlier PowerPoint formats.
- Fixes several printer-specific problems.
- Provides better compatibility with Explorer preview in
- Provides fuller integration of the Microsoft Office Excel
Chart Object Model.
Microsoft Office Publisher
- Improves the printing of double-sided postcards and small
- Fixes issues in print preview, in HTML layout of grouped
objects in Internet Explorer 8, in tab-stop, in e-mail, in content library, and
in Design Checker.
Microsoft Office Word
- Improves the fidelity of .pdf and .xps output.
- Improves Outlook performance.
- Provides fuller integration of the Office Excel Chart
Changes that affect multiple products
- OpenDocument Format (ODF) support
SP2 lets you open,
edit, and save documents in version 1.1 of the ODF for
Users of these Office programs can now open, edit, and save files in the
OpenDocument Text (*.odt), OpenDocument Spreadsheet (*.ods), and OpenDocument
Presentations (*.odp) formats.
- Extensible file formats
Extensible File Formats:
Word, Excel, and PowerPoint now include a converter interface that lets you
plug third-party custom file formats into these Office programs. A developer
can create a converter for files of a particular extension. When this converter
is installed on a user?s computer, the custom file format effectively behaves
like a built-in file format. Specifically, users can open files of this format
and save them by using the Open or Save UI. They can even set the custom format
as their default file format. For more information, visit the following MSDN
- Built-in Save As PDF/XPS support
PDF/XPS support is
built into SP2 for Word, for Excel, and for PowerPoint. Users no longer have to
download the add-in separately.
- Improves application performance when many graphic objects
are present, especially for Excel 2007.
- Fixes several issues that involve the object model. These
fixes let you better achieve parity with Office 2003 when the object model
works with graphical objects.
- Increases printing fidelity of graphical objects in many
- A new XML-based representation of each SmartArt graphic in
a document is saved with the file to optimize interoperability. This new
feature uses the standard DrawingML markup to describe the visual properties of
the SmartArt graphic.
- Improves the Edit Points feature. This enables more
accurate shape editing and increased interoperability with Office
- Fixes certain scenarios in which documents in trusted
locations were treated as non-trusted.
- Improves several cryptographic or encryption
- Provides a method to ignore time stamping
- Provides better security warnings when a certificate is
- An updated password algorithm that is in sync with the
document ISO requirements.
- Provides an ISO-OOXML-compliant password verifier for
Excel, for PowerPoint, and for Word.
- Enables smarter AVAPI blocking for encrypted
Service pack removal
- 2007 Microsoft Office SP2 is the first service pack to
support the removal of client updates through both the command line and the
Microsoft Service Pack Uninstall Tool for the 2007 Microsoft Office Suite. The
Service Pack Uninstall Tool is available as a separate download.
For more information about
this tool, click the following article number to view the article in the
Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Microsoft Service Pack Uninstall Tool for the 2007 Microsoft Office suite
Input method editor (IME)
- Improves the Japanese Input Method Editor (IME). This
includes improved conversion accuracy and improved self-learning functionality.
Downloadable list of issues that the service pack fixes
A workbook is available that lists the issues that are fixed by
this service pack.
the 2007 Office Service Pack 2 Changes.xlsx package
Réduire cette imageAgrandir cette image
This workbook is in the English language. It will not be
translated into any other languages.
Known issues and behavior changes
After you install this service pack, you may notice the following
- Chart text object model calls do not work on a sub-string
that is designated by parameters to the Characters object.
- The Excel ChartWizard command programmatically exposes incorrect XValues for some
series after the XValue is changed. However, the ChartType property works correctly.
- After you apply SP2, the Send to OneNote
2007 option may no longer appear. You can resolve this issue by
running a "repair on Office" operation.
- In Outlook, assume that a meeting organizer sends a
meeting request to an attendee by using a POP account. Then, the attendee
responds to the meeting request and types a message in the response. In this
situation, the organizer receive the response, but the message contents may be
- In PowerPoint, assume that a section of text that contains
multiple languages is selected. In this situation, the language of that text
selection is reported as English (U.S.) instead of being blank. This is visible
both on the status bar (at the bottom of a PowerPoint window) and in the
Language dialog box.
The Chart axis settings may be wrong if both axes are turned off and the axis settings are automatic in Excel 2007
You cannot use Microsoft Visual Basic for Application (VBA) to modify a chart that you have inserted in PowerPoint 2007
Groove 2007 Service Pack 1 and earlier versions of Groove 2007 crash after you create or join lots of file sharing workspaces
On a client computer that has certain Help files for 2007 Office programs installed, an additional SP2 entry may be incorrectly displayed in Add or Remove Programs after you install the 2007 Office SP2
When Outlook 2007 is running in Cached mode, users do not see some new e-mail messages
The Change Calendar Time Zone button is removed in the Time Zone dialog box in Outlook 2007 after you apply the 2007 Office suite Service Pack 2
When you move one of the default drawing guides on a slide in a PowerPoint 2007 document, the drawing guide becomes invisible
You are prompted to convert your document to the Office Open XML format when you save a document in the encrypted binary file format in Word 2007, Excel 2007, or PowerPoint 2007 on a computer that has the 2007 Microsoft Office suite SP 2 installed
The 2007 Office suite Service Pack 2 provides a new ISO-OOXML-compliant password verifier for Excel 2007, PowerPoint 2007, and Word 2007
Known issues that you may experience when you install the 2007 Microsoft Office suite Service Pack 2 and Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Service Pack 2
For more information about this
service pack, including a list of files affected, click the following article
number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Technical details about the Office 2007 System client service packs
Numéro d'article: 953195 - Dernière mise à jour: dimanche 9 octobre 2011 - Version: 7.0
Les informations contenues dans cet article s'appliquent au(x) produit(s) suivant(s):
- 2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 2
|kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew kbinfo KB953195|
L'INFORMATION CONTENUE DANS CE DOCUMENT EST FOURNIE PAR MICROSOFT SANS GARANTIE D'AUCUNE SORTE, EXPLICITE OU IMPLICITE. L'UTILISATEUR ASSUME LE RISQUE DE L'UTILISATION DU CONTENU DE CE DOCUMENT. CE DOCUMENT NE PEUT ETRE REVENDU OU CEDE EN ECHANGE D'UN QUELCONQUE PROFIT.