This article describes the Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 issues that are fixed in the Infrastructure Update that is dated July 15, 2008.
For more information about the Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Infrastructure Update, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the Infrastructure Update for Windows SharePoint Services 3.0: July 15, 2008
List of issues that are fixed
This update fixes the following issues:
A declarative workflow that is configured to start automatically when e-mail enabled items are created does not start automatically after you install Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Service Pack 1
A workflow does not resume automatically when a delay activity is triggered in Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
Search results are incomplete when you use a CAML query that uses the SPSiteDataQuery class to search content on a SharePoint Server site or on a Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 site
This update includes the following changes and fixes:
- Improvements to scalability and performance are included to support incremental Search crawls
- Improvements to the time that is required to update and upgrade Windows SharePoint Services sites.
- Improvements are made in stability when you upgrade a farm that has many host header-based named site collections.
- When you detach and then reattach a content database or when you restore a content database by using the STSADM -o command, a full crawl is not always required.
Note Only post-update farms and content databases that are backed up or detached from an updated farm are affected by this improvement.
- Support for Kerberos authentication to access Shared Services Provider (SSP) Web services in a server farm.
- In a scenario in which workflows run on e-mail enabled lists, this update enables the workflow to be run by the user who designed the workflow instead of the user who modified or created the parent item. This applies to e-mail enabled items only.
- Workflows that have versioned conditions do not work correctly after the workflows are deployed by a site template (.stp).
- Fixes an issue in which workflows that contain Delay activities are not returned consistently after the set amount of delay time passes.
Content Deployment Pack release notes
The following is a list of issues that are resolved by this Content Deployment Pack release. These are not listed in any particular order.
- Issues that incremental software updates fix:
- An incremental import procedure may fail if a feature that has a custom content type was reactivated on the destination site.
- Unpublished changes to published pages do not cause the pages to be unpublished later on the destination site.
- When permissions are reinherited on the source site, the changes are not propagated incrementally.
- You delete a permission level on the source site, and then you perform an incremental import procedure. When you do this, you receive the following error message:
Permission level cannot be found.
- This release contains improvements to incremental Recycle bin behavior.
- An incremental import procedure fails, and you receive the following error message:
FatalError: You cannot perform this action on a checked out document.
- During an export procedure, you receive the following error message:
Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint
- In some cases, the document Title field is not deployed by an incremental deployment job.
In some cases, if you make permissions changes on the source site or on the destination site, you receive the following error message:
The specified name is already in use.
- You delete or rename an item, and then you create a new item that has the same name as the deleted or renamed item. When you do this, an incremental deployment job fails.
- When pages have independent permission settings, an incremental deployment job fails.
- When you delete a file and a folder, incremental deployment fails in some cases.
- Other issues that are fixed in the Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Infrastructure Update:
- When you remove a user from a group, the change is not propagated to the destination site during an incremental deployment job.
- Some source Web settings that are related to the Search function are not propagated to the destination site.
- The content deployment process can time out incorrectly for large deployment jobs.
- Miscellaneous deadlocks occur in Microsoft SQL Server.
- Quick deployment jobs behave incorrectly when the Variations feature is used.
- A quick deployment job fails when pages are "quick-deployed" while the quick deployment job is running.
- The operation may fail when you run a one-time job manually.
- In some cases, a content deployment job becomes stuck in a "Preparing" state.
- In some cases, a deployment job reinstates items that were ghosted on the source site.
- Custom master page settings on the source site are not propagated to the destination site during deployment.
The following list contains prerequisites for the update:
- We strongly recommend that you install Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services Service Pack 1 (SP1) before you install this update.
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to obtain the latest service pack for Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
You do not have to restart the computer after you apply this update.
Hotfix replacement information
This update does not replace a previously released update.
To use one of the updates in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
How to obtain and install the update
To obtain the Windows SharePoint Services Infrastructure Update (32-bit) together with installation instructions and deployment strategies, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
To obtain the Windows SharePoint Services Infrastructure Update (64-bit) together with installation instructions and deployment strategies, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Article ID: 953749 - Last Review: February 24, 2009 - Revision: 3.0
- Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
|kboffice2007presp2fix kbexpertiseinter atdownload kbqfe KB953749|