Users use the Network Connector feature of Intelligent Application Gateway (IAG) 2007 to connect to the corporate network. By default, IAG does not restrict user access to the corporate network. Instead, users can access other networks in addition to the corporate network.
The Network Connector feature creates a Layer-3 VPN tunnel to the corporate network. By default, user access is not restricted to a certain network. Therefore, users can access both the corporate network and the Internet while they are connected to the corporate network. This configuration is known as split tunneling.
To restrict user access to a certain network, follow these steps to disable split tunneling:
- On the server that is running IAG 2007, open the IAG Configuration console. To do this, click Start, point to All Programs, point to Whale Communications IAG, and then click Configuration.
- Enter your password when you are prompted, and then click OK.
- On the Admin menu, click Network Connector Server.
- On the Access Control tab, click one of the following options as appropriate:
Note If the Non-Split Tunneling option is selected, users can access the Internet only through the corporate gateway. If the No Internet Access option is selected, users cannot access the Internet. Additionally, you can select the Disable Local Area Network Access check box to prevent users from accessing the corporate network.
- Non-Split Tunneling (Route Internet Traffic Through the Corporate Gateway)
- No Internet Access
- Click OK.
- On the File menu, click Activate.
- Click Activate to confirm the activation operation, and then click OK.
Article ID: 955082 - Last Review: July 9, 2008 - Revision: 1.0
- Intelligent Application Gateway 2007
|kbtshoot kbexpertiseinter kbprb KB955082|