Consider the following scenario:
- In Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server 2006, you configure a Web publishing rule.
- The Web publishing rule uses a Web listener that listens only for the connections on the HTTPS port. By default, the HTTPS port is port 443.
- You use the Traffic Simulator feature that is introduced in ISA Server 2006 with Service Pack 1 (SP1) to test the Web publishing rule.
- In the Destination Parameters section of the Traffic Simulator page, you enter an HTTP URL.
In this scenario, the simulation result for the HTTP URL is "Allowed" even though the Web publishing rule is configured for HTTPS.
To resolve this problem, apply the hotfix that is mentioned in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
Description of the ISA Server 2006 hotfix package: July 15, 2008
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 955604 - Last Review: October 8, 2011 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration Server 2006 Service Pack 1, when used with:
- Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration Server 2006 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration Server 2006 Enterprise Edition
|kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew kbqfe KB955604|