When you try to create new documents by using templates that are located on a network share in Microsoft Office 2003, the Templates
dialog box does not appear for three or four seconds. This problem occurs if you set the file location of the workgroup templates to a drive that you have mapped to the network share. This article helps you fix the problem.
To have us fix this problem for you, go to the “Fix it for me
” section. If you would rather fix this problem yourself, go to the “Let me fix it myself
This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to back up and restore the registry in Windows
To resolve this problem, apply hotfix 957043, and then set the DisableFolderTrackingForMappedDrives registry entry to enable the hotfix. To do this, follow these steps:
- Apply hotfix 957043.
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the Office 2003 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package (Mso.msp): August 26, 2008
- Set the DisableFolderTrackingForMappedDrives registry entry. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type DisableFolderTrackingForMappedDrives, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click DisableFolderTrackingForMappedDrives, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
- Restart the computer.
Now go to the "Did this fix the problem
Check whether the problem is fixed. If the problem is fixed, you are finished with this article. If the problem is not fixed, you can contact support
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 957044 - Last Review: September 5, 2013 - Revision: 5.0
- Microsoft Office 2003 Service Pack 3
- Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003
- Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003
- Microsoft Office Professional Enterprise Edition 2003
- Microsoft Office Student and Teacher Edition 2003
|kbmsifixme kbfixme kbexpertiseinter kbqfe kbtshoot KB957044|