Microsoft ProClarity Analytics Server 6.3 Service Pack 2 is available. The build of this service pack is 6.3.2217. This service pack includes all fixes that were released for the release version of ProClarity Analytics Server 6.3 (build 220.127.116.11). This article describes the files that are changed, the installation instructions, the issues that this service pack fixes, and known issues in this service pack.
Important notes about this service pack
- We recommend that you back up your existing ProClarity Analytics Server 6.3 components before you apply this service pack.
- ProClarity Analytics Server 6.3 Service Pack 2 supports Windows Server 2008. You can now deploy ProClarity Analytics Server 6.3 Service Pack 2 together with Microsoft Office PerformancePoint Server 2007 with Service Pack 2 on the same Windows Server 2008 server. However, some specific configurations are required to deploy ProClarity Analytics Server 6.3 Service Pack 2 on a Windows Server 2008 server.
For more information about how to deploy ProClarity Analytics Server 6.3 Service Pack 2 on Windows Server 2008, see the "Installing ProClarity 6.3 SP2 on Microsoft Windows Server 2008" document at the following Web site:
Issues that are fixed by this service pack
- When you set the Callouts property of a chart to Value, and then you specify a number value for the Decimal Places property of the chart axis, the actual number of decimal places in the callouts value is the number of the Decimal Places property plus 1.
- When you slice a background hierarchy, you receive the following error message:
- When you use ProClarity Web Standard to view a chart that was created in ProClarity Desktop Professional and published to ProClarity Analytics Server, the scale of the axis switches to use very large percentage numbers. This problem occurs if the following conditions are true:
- The chart contains a measure whose value is NULL.
- The NULL measure is on an axis that uses the Auto Scaling feature.
- Consider the following scenario. You create a calculated member by specifying the format string as percentage in ProClarity Desktop Professional. You create a chart by putting the calculated member on an axis. Additionally, you put another set that contains formatted values on the opposite axis. Then you publish the book that contains this chart to ProClarity Analytics Server. When you open the chart in ProClarity Web Standard, the axis for the calculated member and the callouts for the calculated member are displayed in the decimal formatting instead of in the percentage formatting.
- After you install ProClarity Analytics Server on Windows Server 2008, ProClarity Analytics Server cannot access the Applicationhost.config file. The ReadMe file for this cumulative update contains instructions that describe how to configure ProClarity Analytics Server to run on Windows Server 2008.
Service pack information
The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the PAS63Hotfix2217.exe package now.
Collapse this imageExpand this image
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
To install this service pack, follow these steps:
- Locate the PAS63Hotfix2217.exe file.
- Double-click the PAS63Hotfix2217.exe file to start the installation.
- Clear the PAS Cache.
For more information about how to clear the PAS Cache, see the ProClarity Analytics Server 6.3 Setup Guide.
You cannot remove this service pack without also removing ProClarity Analytics Server 6.3. To remove this service pack, you must remove the whole ProClarity Analytics Server 6.3 application.
To install this service pack, you must be running ProClarity Analytics Server 6.3 on the computer. By using this service pack, you can update ProClarity Analytics Server 6.3. For more information about installation instructions and requirements, see the product documentation and the product release notes.
You must restart the computer after you install this service pack.
Collapse this tableExpand this table
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
Known issues in this service pack
- ProClarity 6.3 SP2 supports PivotTable Services 8.0 and the SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services 9.0 OLE DB provider. However, ProClarity 6.3 SP2 does not support the SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services 10.0 OLE DB provider.
Note PivotTable Services 8.0 is the OLE DB provider for SQL Server 2000 Analysis Services. PivotTable Services 8.0 is used to connect to an Analysis Services 2000 server.
To work around this problem, use the SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services 9.0 OLE DB provider to connect to data cubes that use the SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services 10.0 OLE DB provider.
- When you deploy ProClarity Analytics Server 6.3 SP2 and a 64-bit version of Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 on the same server that is running Windows Server 2008, problems occur if the SharePoint Web site is created on port 80.
Workaround To work around this problem, deploy ProClarity Analytics Server 6.3 in a distributed environment.
For more information about the Readme file for ProClarity Analytics Server 6.3 Service Pack 2 and ProClarity Desktop Professional 6.3 Service Pack 2, visit the following Web site:
For more information about ProClarity Desktop Professional 6.3 Service Pack 2, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of ProClarity Analytics Server 6.3 Service Pack 2
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 958293 - Last Review: December 9, 2008 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft ProClarity Analytics Server 6.3
|kbsurveynew kbexpertiseadvanced atdownload kbqfe kbfix KB958293|