Consider the following scenario:
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 is installed on a computer that is running an x64-based version of
Windows Server 2003.
- On this computer, you
configure Outlook 2003 as the default e-mail client.
- In Windows Internet Explorer, you click the Mail
button to send a link
a Web page in an e-mail message.
this scenario, you expect
an Outlook 2003 e-mail message to
open. However, the Internet Connection Wizard starts
and requires you to set up a Microsoft Office Outlook Express e-mail account.
To work around this issue, click the Mail
button in the 32-bit version of Internet Explorer.
has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed
in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 958885 - Last Review: November 3, 2008 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Datacenter x64 Edition
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Enterprise x64 Edition
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Standard x64 Edition
|kbexpertisebeginner kbtshoot kbprb KB958885|