After you set the
registry entry to 0,
the Recover Deleted Items
option on the Tools
menu in Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 is still available.
This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to
modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the
registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps
carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it.
Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information
about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article
number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to back up and restore the registry in Windows
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Apply hotfix 959642.
information, click the following article number to view the article in the
Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the Outlook 2007 hotfix package (Mso.msp,Outlook.msp): December 16, 2008
- Create the
DumpsterControl registry entry. To do
this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then click
- Type regedit, and then click
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
- On the Edit menu, point to
New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type DumpsterControl, and then
- Right-click DumpsterControl, and then
- In the Value data box, type one of
the following values, and then click OK:
Off for Exchange mailbox folders, for PST folders, and for public
On for Exchange mailbox folders, for PST folders, and for public
On for Exchange mailbox folders and for public folders. Off for PST
On for the "Deleted Items" folder in a Microsoft Exchange mailbox and
for public folders. Off for all other folders in an Exchange mailbox and for PST
- Exit Registry Editor.
- The new
functions even if the
DumpsterAlwaysOn value does not exist or is not configured.
- Even though the Recover Deleted Items menu is available for folders in a .pst file, you cannot recover deleted items from a .pst file because the "Dumpster" is an Exchange feature.
Article ID: 959878 - Last Review: February 3, 2009 - Revision: 1.1
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
|kbsurveynew kbexpertisebeginner kbprb KB959878|