This article describes the update for the Microsoft Unified
Communications Client (UCC) API SDK.
This update contains
the following changes to UCC
API SDK 1.0:
now C:\Microsoft UCCAPI.
This may require escalation in
order to install. This depends on the operating system
that is used.
- Significant updates to CHM SDK documentation make it easier
to develop applications for common scenarios. This includes, but
is not limited to, the following requests
by different customers:
- Two-party to multiparty escalation.
- Multi-modal escalation.
- Samples have been changed to accommodate the following:
- The ContactsAndGroups sample has been updated to perform automatic server discovery and
to use default credentials so that the user's session initiation protocol (SIP)
URI is all that the user needs in order to log on.
- Samples were updated for better compatibility in
the following Visual Studio environments:
- Visual Studio 2008
- Visual Studio 2005 SP1
- SDK was tested for communicating with and working with
Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 and Microsoft Office Communications
Server 2007 R2. That is, the SDK can
sign in to both server versions and work with clients based on these server
- The following issues are resolved:
crashes when you
use Transport Layer Security
when SIPCOMPRESSION is set to 3.
- UCC SDK client computers may send many domain name
service (DNS) queries for the name of the Microsoft Office Server (LCS 2005,
OCS 2007, or OCS 2007 R2) pool. This update fixes a problem that
occurs when the DNS record for the pool is configured to use a low "Time to
Live" (TTL) value.
- Audio or video conferencing fails when regional
settings are set to a European value.
- Publisher Manager fails and causes limited or broken presence when the time
zone is set to Caracas GMT-04:30.
- UCC SDK now
out-of-sequence INFO messages.
Update download information
following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download
the UccApiSdk.msi package now.
Collapse this imageExpand this image
For more information about how to
download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view
the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most
current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file
was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent
any unauthorized changes to the file.
There are no prerequisites for
installing this update.
not have to restart the computer after you apply this update.
Update replacement information
This update replaces the following update that was dated June 16, 2008:
Description of the update for the Unified Communications Client API SDK
For more information about software update terminology, click the
following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 960721 - Last Review: February 5, 2009 - Revision: 1.1
- Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 Enterprise Edition
|kbsurveynew kbexpertiseadvanced kbfix kbqfe KB960721|