Consider the following scenario:
- You create a team site in Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 or in Windows SharePoint Services 3.0.
- You set the maximum upload size for a single file to 500 megabytes (MB) in SharePoint 3.0 Central Administration.
- You use the Stsadm.exe -o setproperty -pn max-template-document-size -pv 524288000 command to set the maximum template size to 500 MB.
- You try to save a site that contains lots of content as a template.
In this scenario, you may receive an error message that resembles the following:
Failure decompressing data from a cabinet file.
This error can occur even though the template file (*.stp) is smaller than the value that was specified in the Stsadm.exe
command. For example, this error can occur if the .stp file is smaller than 500 MB.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.Notes:
- The max supported size for a template is between 25 to 50 MB depending on the file compression.
- Templates are not best practice for site level backup/restore operations.
- Use stsadm -o export/import or backup/restore for site level backup.
Article ID: 960969 - Last Review: March 31, 2009 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007
- Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
|kbtshoot kbsurveynew kbprb KB960969|