After you create a write-off in Microsoft Office Accounting Professional 2008 or in Microsoft Office Accounting Express 2008, a customer's balance seems to have increased by the amount of the write-off instead of balancing to zero.
This problem occurs if the Amount
field for a transaction for the customer is not cleared when you create the write-off.
To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
- On the Customer menu, point to Customer Lists, and then click Received Payments.
- Right-click the payment that was previously made to write off the balance, and then click Void.
- On the Customer menu, click Receive Payment.
- In the Received from field, select the customer from which you want to receive the payment.
- In the Amount field, enter the appropriate amount.
- In the Payment method field, select the payment method.
- In the Due for payment area, click to select the check box for the payment.
- In the Write Off column, click $0.00.
- In the Write off account field, select an account to use for the write-off.
In the Write off amount field, type the amount of the write-off.
- Click OK.
- Click Save and Close.
Article ID: 961678 - Last Review: September 10, 2011 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft Office Accounting Professional 2008
- Microsoft Office Accounting Express 2008
|kbsurveynew kbexpertisebeginner kbtshoot kbmbsmigrate kbprb kbexpertiseinter KB961678|