When you try to remove Windows Internet Explorer 8, the program does not appear in the Currently installed updates list in Windows Vista or in Windows Server 2008.
To work around this problem, follow these steps:
- Download and install the System Update Readiness Tool for your version of Windows.
For more information about how to obtain the System Update Readiness Tool, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista and for Windows Server 2008
- When the installation of the System Update Readiness Tool is finished, following these steps:
- Click Start
, click Control Panel, and then click Program and Features.
Collapse this imageExpand this image
- In the navigation pane, click View Installed Updates.
- When the Currently installed updates list is populated, click Windows Internet Explorer 8, and then click Uninstall.
Article ID: 965227 - Last Review: January 26, 2009 - Revision: 1.2
- Windows Internet Explorer 8, when used with:
- Windows Vista Ultimate
- Windows Vista Home Basic
- Windows Server 2008 Enterprise
- Windows Web Server 2008
- Windows Server 2008 Standard
- Windows Server 2008 Datacenter
- Windows Vista Home Premium
- Windows Vista Enterprise
- Windows Vista Business
|kbupdateissue kbsetup kbtshoot kbexpertiseinter kbexpertisebeginner kbexpertiseadvanced kbsurveynew kbprb KB965227|