The network installation of Microsoft FRx installs the selected programs onto the file server. Users at network client workstations run the user interface on the local computer to access data that is stored on the file server. Install the Microsoft FRx programs on the network server before installing network client workstations.
Note: Before you begin the installation process, use the pre-installation procedures to create the shared directories that are required for this type of installation (see or see "Shared Directories" on page 9 located in the FRx 6.7 Installation and Configuration Guide, see ).
To install the Microsoft FRx programs on a server for network access
- Insert the Microsoft FRx installation CD into the CD-ROM drive of the file server.
The installation program starts automatically.
- In the Welcome to the Microsoft FRx Installation Browser dialog box, click Install Microsoft FRx.
- If your installation compact disc contains multiple language options for the installation, in the Choose Setup Language dialog box, select the appropriate language from the list, and then click Next.
- In the Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard for FRx dialog box, click Next.
- In the License Agreement dialog box, scroll through and read the license agreement, and then click Yes to accept the terms of the agreement.
Note: If you do not accept the terms of the agreement, click No to exit the installation program. Contact your reseller to negotiate a license agreement that meets your needs.
- In the Installation Options dialog box, click Custom, and then click Next.
- In the Product Level: Enterprise dialog box, select the FRx Report Designer and FRx Client Deployment check boxes, and then click Next.
Note: The FRx DrillDown Viewer option is automatically selected when you select FRx Report Designer. The options listed in this dialog box vary, depending on the product level that you purchased.
Note: If the Setup Type dialog box appears, select the appropriate accounting system product, and then in subsequent dialog boxes, make the appropriate selections based on your accounting system.
- If you are upgrading Microsoft FRx from a previous release, in the MultipleVersions Detected dialog box, select the appropriate option, and then click Next.
- If you want the installation program to convert your existing Microsoft FRx data files to the current version, select the version of the data files to be upgraded.
- If you do not want the installation program to upgrade the existing Microsoft FRx data files, select None (New Install).
Note: Use the Multiple Versions Detected dialog box to select which existing Microsoft FRx data files to convert to work with Microsoft FRx 6.7. After these files are converted, they will not work with any previous releases of the product. For more information about upgrades, see .
- In the Choose Destination Location dialog box, do one of the following:
- Click Next to accept the default file location for the Microsoft FRx files.
- To select a different folder for the Microsoft FRx files, click Browse, browse to the appropriate location, and then click Next.
Note: The default location for the Microsoft FRx files is C:\Program Files\FRx Software\FRx 6.7. If you are using a shared folder, see for more information. If you are upgrading from a previous release of Microsoft FRx, you must install release 6.7 into a different folder from the previous release to avoid overwriting configuration files.
- In the Location of SysData Files dialog box, do one of the following:
- If you are using a shared SysData folder, click Browse, browse to the shared folder that you created in the pre-installation procedures, and then click Next.
- If you are not using a shared SysData folder, click Next to accept the default file location for the SysData files or click Browse to select a new location, and then click Next.
Note: This folder must be named SysData. By default, this folder is located in the same folder that you selected in step 9.
- In the Location of Client Setup Files dialog box, click Next to accept the location for the Microsoft FRx Client Deployment program, which is in the folder you chose in step 9.
- In the Select Program Folder dialog box, do one of the following:
- Click Next to accept the default name for the Microsoft FRx program folder.
- To set a different program folder name, type a new name in the Program Folder box, and then click Next.
Note: The default program folder name is FRx 6.7.
- Review the installation settings in the Start Copying Files dialog box, and then do one of the following:
- Click Next to accept the settings for the Microsoft FRx files and begin the installation.
- If you need to change any settings, click Back, and then make the necessary modifications.
Note: The Start Copying Files dialog box lists the type of installation that you selected, the components to install, file locations, and the program folder name.
- If any installation errors occur, review the messages in the Setup Status dialog box, and then click OK.
Note: For more information about how to use the log file that is mentioned in the Setup Status dialog box, see .
- In the InstallShield Wizard Complete dialog box, the following options are available:
- Yes, I want to view the Help Documentation check box-Select to view the Readme file, System Requirements and Installation Guidelines, and Microsoft® FRx® Report Designer Getting Started Guide.
- Create FRx shortcuts on the Desktop check box-Select to create shortcuts for the Microsoft FRx programs on your desktop.
- Click Finish to complete the installation process.
Continue to the next section to install Microsoft FRx on the thin-client workstations.
Article ID: 965236 - Last Review: September 24, 2012 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft Business Solutions for Analytics–FRx 6.7 Desktop
- FRx Financial Reporter 6.5
Contact us for more help
Connect with Answer Desk for expert help.