When you install Universal Description, Discovery, and Integration (UDDI) Services on Windows Server 2003, the Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Desktop Engine (MSDE 2000) security updates may not be installed automatically as expected when you visit Windows Update. This problem can occur even though you chose to have MSDE 2000 updates installed automatically. When this problem occurs, UDDI Services and MSDE 2000 updates are listed as available updates the next time that you visit Windows Update.
To work around this problem, manually install the update. To do this, follow these steps.Note
To follow these steps, a folder name ServicePackFiles must exist on the hard disk. If the ServicePackFiles folder does not exist, you must have the media for the service pack that is installed on the computer.
- Download the UDDI update that you want to install. For example, download the update that is described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
MS09-004: Description of the security update for SQL Server 2000 GDR and MSDE 2000: February 10, 2009
- Extract the files in the UDDI update. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
- At the command prompt, type folder1\update_file_name /x folder2.
Note In this command, folder1 is the path of the folder where you downloaded the update, and folder2 is the path of the folder where you want to extract the files. For example, type c:\SQLWMSDE-KB960082-x86-ENU.exe /x c:\SQLWMSDE-KB960082 to extract the files in the update that is described in Microsoft Knowledge Base article 960082 to a folder named SQLWMSDE-KB960082.
- At the command prompt, type cd %windir%\ServicePackFiles, and then press ENTER.
- In the ServicePackFiles folder, right-click Sqlrun.dat, and then click Copy.
- Use the cd command to change to the setup subfolder where you extracted the UDDI update files. For example, type cd c:\SQLWMSDE-KB960082\setup, and then press ENTER.
- At the command prompt, type Setup.exe /quiet /upgradesp sqlrun BLANKSAPWD=1 INSTANCENAME=UDDI /l*v %windir%\UddiFix.log /norestart to install the UDDI update.
Article ID: 967236 - Last Review: April 16, 2009 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Desktop Engine (Windows)
|kbvirus kbuddi kbsurveynew kbhowto KB967236|