When you start Microsoft Gears of War, you receive the following error message:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Gears of War\Binaries\wargame-4gwlive.exe :
You cannot run the game with modified executable code. Please reinstall the game.
To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
- Uninstall Gears of War from your computer.
- After Gears of War is uninstalled, delete any Gears of War files or folders that remain on the system.
- Reinstall Gears of War from the DVD.
- After Gears of War is successfully installed, make sure that you do not start the game.
- Visit the following Microsoft Web site to download the latest Games of War update:
- Save the download to your Desktop.
- When the download is complete, close the Windows Internet Explorer browser, and then view your Desktop.
- Double-click the executable file that was downloaded to your computer. The English version is called "GearsPC_TU3_Microsoft."
- After the update is complete, start Gears of War.
Now, you should be able to successfully start and play Gears of War.
If the game still does not start, try the steps in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base articles:
Gears of War crashes or triggers an error message when you start the game on a Windows Vista-based computer
Game crashes or closes unexpectedly
Article ID: 967644 - Last Review: May 9, 2012 - Revision: 8.0
- Microsoft Gears of War (PC)
|dftsdahomeportal kbgamesforwindowslive kberrorsandwarnings kbsurveynew kbprb KB967644|