This article describes the fixes for Microsoft Office
Communicator 2007 R2 that are required for correct functionality with Microsoft
To install these fixes, apply the following update:
Description of the Communicator 2007 R2 hotfix rollup package: April 2009
This update addresses the following issues:
- When this update is installed, Communications Server 2007
uses NTLM authentication when Communications Server 2007 returns
SEC_E_TARGET_UNKNOWN in the 401 response.
- The Add Contact Wizard in the File menu
has a search option that does not work in the Services environment. When this
update is installed, the Search option in the wizard is
skipped. The user can still use Search from the main UI search
Search functionality in the main UI search area occurs in an
inband provisioning change.
- No error reports are sent when you fail to subscribe to the presence of others. When this update is installed, Communicator 2007 R2
reports subscription failures when the following registry subkey is set.
- If the ReportPubSubFailure subkey is set to 0 or if the
subkey is not present, an error report is not sent.
- If the ReportPubSubFailure subkey is set to a value
that is greater than 0, an error report is sent.
- When the update is not installed, Presence Change Toast
for Tagged Contact does not have an "Untag" link when the TelephonyMode is set
to 5 in the registry. This update resolves this issue and provides the "Untag"
- When the update is not installed, the "TelephonyMode = 5"
setting (for IM and Presence only) functionality is controlled by using a by
using a Group Policy setting. When this update is installed, this policy
setting is also available through inband provisioning. The policy setting will
continue to be supported and will override the inband provisioning.
- When the update is not installed, the DisableFileTransfer
functionality is available only through a policy setting in Communicator 2007
R2. When this update is installed, the DisableFileTransfer setting is also
available through inband provisioning and will override the inband
- Communicator 2007 R2 sends a registration update request
(sip REGISTER) every 90 seconds when Communicator 2007 R2 is connected through
an HTTP Proxy. This type of connection increases the load on the Communications
Server 2007 Front End server. When this update is installed, Communicator 2007
R2 sends a "white-space keep alive" request every 90 seconds and sends the
REGISTER update request only at the negotiated time.
Article ID: 968504 - Last Review: January 15, 2015 - Revision: 2.0
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbinfo kbfix kbqfe kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew KB968504|