Article ID: 969402 - View products that this article applies to.
RAPID PUBLISHING ARTICLES PROVIDE INFORMATION DIRECTLY FROM WITHIN THE MICROSOFT SUPPORT ORGANIZATION. THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN IS CREATED IN RESPONSE TO EMERGING OR UNIQUE TOPICS, OR IS INTENDED SUPPLEMENT OTHER KNOWLEDGE BASE INFORMATION.
When printing to a shared network printer configured with an associated Windows Color Management profile, the user is unable to override the server's profile in the Control Panel - Color Management applet. Although the user is able to configure it in the Control Panel applet, the user's profile settings are not used for the final print output.
The following is a work-around.
1. Go to the Printers folder and click Add a Printer.
2. Select "Add a Local Printer".
3. For Port, select "Create a new port".
4. For type of port, select "Local Port". Click Next.
5. For "Port name", enter the \\server\sharename for the printer share of the network printer. Click OK
6. On the "Install the Printer Driver" page, select the appropriate printer driver for the network printer. Click OK
7. Enter a name for the printer. Click Next.
8. Select "Do not share this printer". Click Next.
9. Click Finish.
10. Go to Control Panel - Color Management and configure the new printer with the desired profile settings.
This issue applies to printers installed via the "Point and Print" method, and for printers that support the Windows Color System (WCS).
MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, RELIABILITY OR ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THE DOCUMENTS AND RELATED GRAPHICS PUBLISHED ON THIS WEBSITE (THE “MATERIALS”) FOR ANY PURPOSE. THE MATERIALS MAY INCLUDE TECHNICAL INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS AND MAY BE REVISED AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS DISCLAIM AND EXCLUDE ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, AND CONDITIONS WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, OR CONDITIONS OF TITLE, NON INFRINGEMENT, SATISFACTORY CONDITION OR QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THE MATERIALS.
Contact us for more help
Connect with Answer Desk for expert help.