Article ID: 969743 - View products that this article applies to.
RAPID PUBLISHING ARTICLES PROVIDE INFORMATION DIRECTLY FROM WITHIN THE MICROSOFT SUPPORT ORGANIZATION. THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN IS CREATED IN RESPONSE TO EMERGING OR UNIQUE TOPICS, OR IS INTENDED SUPPLEMENT OTHER KNOWLEDGE BASE INFORMATION.
1. You can browse the RWW website but when you try to use the connect to a computer feature you may receive the following error message.
VBScript: Remote Desktop Disconnected
The Terminal Services Gateway Service service is not running. Contact your network administrator to resolve this issue.
2. If you try to connect to the server using TS Gateway through an remote desktop client, you get the following error:
Remote Desktop Disconnected
This computer can't connect to the remote computer because the Terminal Services Gateway server is temporarily unavailable. Try reconnecting later or contact your network administrator for assistance.
These are some of the common causes of this error:
1. SBS Web Applications is missing binding for port 443 or multiple websites have this binding and one of them is only started because of that -- This might happen if someone has tried binding port 443 to another website.
2. We might find port 443 binding present with Default Website -- This will happen if we have manually chosen the option to configure IIS for TS Gateway in TS Gateway manager
3. HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Rpc\RpcProxy\ is missing Website key which represents the value for the website where rpc and rpcwithcert directories are.
1. Run Fix my Network Wizard (this step should fix everything except creating registry entry if that is missing)
i) Manually remove 443 binding for Default website -- 443 binding is assigned to Default Website when you click "Configure IIS Settings for TS Gateway" in the TS Gateway console.
ii) Make sure we have 443 binding present with proper certificate
iii) Manually create the registry key HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Rpc\RpcProxy\Website with the value "SBS Web Applications"
MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, RELIABILITY OR ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THE DOCUMENTS AND RELATED GRAPHICS PUBLISHED ON THIS WEBSITE (THE “MATERIALS”) FOR ANY PURPOSE. THE MATERIALS MAY INCLUDE TECHNICAL INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS AND MAY BE REVISED AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS DISCLAIM AND EXCLUDE ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, AND CONDITIONS WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, OR CONDITIONS OF TITLE, NON INFRINGEMENT, SATISFACTORY CONDITION OR QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THE MATERIALS.
Contact us for more help
Connect with Answer Desk for expert help.