Consider the following scenario:
- A delegate sends a meeting request to attendees on behalf of the manager in Microsoft Outlook 2000.
- An attendee accepts the meeting request in Microsoft Office Outlook 2007.
In this scenario, the organizer of the meeting is changed to the delegate unexpectedly.Note
In this scenario, the organizer of the meeting should be the manager.
This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to back up and restore the registry in Windows
To resolve this problem, install the Outlook 2007 hotfix package that is dated June 30, 2009 and then set the value of the
registry entry to enable the hotfix package. To do this, follow these steps:
- Install the Outlook 2007 hotfix package that is dated June 30, 2009.
For more information about this hotfix package, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the Outlook 2007 hotfix package (Outlook.msp): June 30, 2009
- Set the value of the
SkipSentRepresenting registry entry to enable the hotfix package. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type SkipSentRepresenting, and then press ENTER.
SkipSentRepresenting, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 971937 - Last Review: July 1, 2009 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
|kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew kbqfe KB971937|