When Microsoft Forefront Server Security for SharePoint scans a large compressed file, it may return one of the following errors:
- Out of memory
- Engine Error
- Corrupted Compressed File
This problem occurs when one of the following conditions is true:
- The size of the compressed file exceeds the maximum compressed file size.
- The total size of all the files in the compressed archive exceeds the maximum uncompressed file size.
The maximum compressed file size and the maximum uncompressed file size are specified by the following registry values:
- Maximum compressed file size:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Forefront Server Security\Sharepoint\MaxCompressedSize
- Maximum uncompressed file size :
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Forefront Server Security\Sharepoint\MaxUnCompressedFileSize
Note By default, the maximum uncompressed file size registry key is not present, but the value is 100 MB
In Forefront Security for SharePoint with Service Pack 3 (SP3), you can enable a feature to detect compressed files that exceed limits for maximum compressed file size or maximum uncompressed file size as "CorruptedCompressedFile."
Steps to enable the feature
To do this, follow these steps:
- Install Forefront Security for
SharePoint Service Pack 3.
- Add a
SumInternalSizesOfCompressedArchive registry key entry, and then set the registry value to 0. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Run box, and then press ENTER.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Forefront Server Security\Sharepoint
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type SumInternalSizesOfCompressedArchive, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click SumInternalSizesOfCompressedArchive, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 0, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
- Activate the new settings. To do this, do one of the following:
- In the Forefront Server Security Administrator client, click SETTINGS, and then click General Options. Change and then save a General Options setting. Then, revert the setting to the original setting.
Note The registry settings are reread when any of the options are changed.
- Restart the FSCController service in the Services panel. To do this, click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.
In the list of services, right-click FSCController, and then click Restart.
When the SumInternalSizesOfCompressedArchive value is enabled, compressed files that exceed the maximum compressed file size or the maximum uncompressed file size are detected as "CorruptedCompressedFile." These files will be deleted if the Block/Delete Corrupted Compressed Files
setting is selected.
To skip scanning of compressed files that exceed the maximum compressed file size or the maximum uncompressed file size, use one of the following options:
For more information about Forefront Security for SharePoint Service Pack 3, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of Forefront Security for SharePoint with Service Pack 3
Article ID: 972074 - Last Review: January 16, 2015 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft Forefront Security for SharePoint
- Microsoft Forefront Security for SharePoint Service Pack 1
- Microsoft Forefront Security for SharePoint Service Pack 2
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbexpertiseinter kbbug kbqfe kbsurveynew kbprb KB972074|