You have a conference that is hosted in Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2. Two users try to join separate conferences. However, the two users actually join the same conference. When this problem occurs, the ID number for the conference is incorrect.
Note This problem occurs when the dual tone multiple-frequency (DTMF) digits are lost in the network or when a user mistypes a digit over the telephone.
To resolve this issue, apply update 969821.
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the update package for Office Communications Server 2007 R2: July, 2009
- Conferences that are already scheduled are not affected by this update. After this update, new conferences have a new a cyclic redundancy check (CRC) digit in the conference ID.
- The conference ID that is assigned to a user is changed after this update is applied. However, the old conference ID continues to work and will be redirected to the same assigned conference.
- All servers that are running Office Communications Server 2007 R2 in an enterprise environment must apply this update to use the conference dial-in functionality. If only some servers have this update applied, the conference dial-in functionality fails.
Article ID: 972714 - Last Review: July 28, 2009 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Standard Edition
|kbexpertiseinter kbqfe kbsurveynew KB972714|