When SharePoint Services 3.0 crawls a Web page, the search results do not display the correct value for the Last Modified response header of that page. The value displayed is the actual last time the page was saved.
For example, consider the following scenario:
- The value of the Last Modified response header of a Web page is set to 10/3/2006.
- The Web page was last saved on October 20, 2006.
- SharePoint Services 3.0 crawls the Web page.
In this scenario, the search results incorrectly displays 10/20/2006
as the last modified date of the Web page instead of 10/3/2006
This issue only occurs when the index server is running Windows Server 2008.
To resolve this issue, apply the following updates:
Description of the Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Cumulative Update Server Hotfix Package (Sts-x-none.msp): October 27, 2009
Description of the SharePoint Server 2007 Cumulative Update Server Hotfix Package (Coreserver-x-none.msp): October 27, 2009
has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed
in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 976439 - Last Review: November 19, 2009 - Revision: 1.1
- Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007
- Windows Server 2008 Enterprise
- Windows Server 2008 Standard
|kbfix kbqfe kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew kbprb KB976439|