In Windows SharePoint Services 3.0, you have permission to view items in a document library as defined by the Draft Item Security
setting. However, you do not receive alerts for drafts or for minor version documents when the Content Approval
option is enabled.
This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to back up and restore the registry in Windows
To resolve this issue, apply the following update:
Description of the Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Cumulative Update Server Hotfix Package (Sts-x-none.msp): October 27, 2009
After you apply this update, follow these steps to enable the update:
- Start Registry Editor. To do this, click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password, or provide confirmation.
- Locate and then select the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\Web Server Extensions\12.0\WSS\Alerts
Note If the registry entry does not exist, you have to create it.
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type EnableAlertsForNonContentApprovedItems, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click EnableAlertsForNonContentApprovedItems, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed
in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 976440 - Last Review: November 20, 2009 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
|kbfix kbqfe kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew kbprb KB976440|