Consider the following scenario:
- You create a host header site in a Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) 2007 server.
- In that host header site, you create a document library.
- You create a subfolder, and you name it "OldDocLib" in the document library.
- In that subfolder, you create some pages that contain links to external sites.
- You set the host depth parameter to 1, and then you run a full crawl of the host header site.
- You change the name of that subfolder to "NewDocLib", and then you run an incremental crawl of the host header site.
In this scenario, you find that MOSS 2007 unexpectedly crawls sites that are external to the host header site.
To resolve this issue, apply the following updates:
Description of the Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Cumulative Update Server hotfix package (Sts-x-none.msp): December 15, 2009
Description of the Office SharePoint Server 2007 Cumulative Update Server hotfix package (Coreserver-x-none.msp): December 15, 2009
has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed
in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 977379 - Last Review: January 6, 2010 - Revision: 1.1
- Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007
|kbfix kbqfe kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew kbprb KB977379|