that includes user-to-user instant messaging breaks in Microsoft Office
Communications Server (OCS) 2007 R2. When
this behavior occurs, instant
messages are blocked. This problem occurs when the
following conditions are true:
deployment contains a third-party application.
- The third-party application uses the otherIpPhone attribute.
- The otherIpPhone attribute contains
a telephone Uniform
(URI) or a
Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) URI.
occurs because User Replicator replicates the otherIpPhone
attribute for regular users.
attribute should only
for application contact objects. This behavior
the server to incorrectly perform static routing instead of the
regular default routing.
apply the following update:
Description of cumulative update for Office Communications Server 2007 R2: January, 2010
you apply this update, User Replicator only uses the otherIpPhone
application contact objects.Note
- If SIP is not enabled for the user after the update is
applied, enable SIP for the user.
- If SIP is enabled before
you apply the update, the database is not
updated retroactively. In
this case, perform
one of the following:
- Disable and then re-enable SIP for the user. Or,
move the user to another pool and then move the user back.
- Run the following query on the back-end server to clear
set phr.ForwardingUrl = null
from rtc.dbo.ResourceDirectory as d
inner join rtc.dbo.HomedResource as phr on (phr.ResourceId = d.ResourceId)
where d.AdUserSid is not null and phr.ForwardingUrl is not null
Article ID: 978366 - Last Review: January 7, 2010 - Revision: 1.1
- Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Standard Edition
|kbqfe kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew kbprb KB978366|