When you open a new or existing document in Microsoft Word for Mac, you notice one or more of the following problems:
- The scroll bars or the status bar is missing.
- There is a wide area to the left of the document pane that contains style names.
- Characters that you did not enter are scattered throughout the document.
- Field codes are displayed in the place of page numbers, dates, and so on.
These symptoms can occur if items in the View
section of the Preferences
To resolve the issue, follow these steps:
- On the Preferences menu in Microsoft Word, select View.
- Select the options that you want, and then click OK.
- For example, if there is no check mark next to the Horizontal or Vertical scroll bar options, these items will not be displayed in your documents.
- If there is a check mark next to All in the middle section for Nonprinting Characters, symbols will be displayed to represent spaces, tabs, paragraph marks, and so on.
Article ID: 979950 - Last Review: October 6, 2011 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft Word 2008 for Mac
- Microsoft Word 2004 for Mac
|kbexpertisebeginner kbsurveynew kbprb KB979950|