After you upgrade to Microsoft Outlook 2010, you notice either of the following items in the From
field of an e-mail message that you are sending:
Microsoft Exchange Server
Instead, you should see the e-mail address for your Microsoft Exchange Server account. For example, you should see GuidoPica@Wingtiptoys.com.
This problem occurs when you upgrade to Outlook 2010 from an earlier version of Outlook and both of the following items are true:
- You use the same profile from the earlier version of Outlook.
- You have more than one e-mail account in the profile.
field is only displayed in an e-mail message when you have more than one e-mail account in your profile.
To resolve this problem, use either of the following methods:
: Modify the name of your Microsoft Exchange account in your profile. To do this, follow these steps:
- Exit Outlook 2010.
- Open the Mail control panel.
- In the Mail Setup - Outlook dialog box, click Show Profiles.
- Select your profile, and then click Properties.
- In the Mail Setup - <profilename> dialog box, click E-mail Accounts.
- In the Account Settings dialog box, select your Microsoft Exchange account and click Change.
- In the Change Account dialog box, click More Settings.
- On the General tab of the Microsoft Exchange dialog box, change the name of your account displayed in the Exchange Account section.
- Click OK.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
- Click Close twice.
- Click OK.
- Start Outlook 2010.
: Create a new Outlook profile.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 981237 - Last Review: September 12, 2011 - Revision: 6.0
|kbexpertiseinter kbtshoot kbsurveynew kbprb KB981237|